Tuesday, December 18, 2007

follow-up on sidewalk rant

it might have been a little mean for me to call out one house for not cleaning up the sidewalk behind their house a few days ago, but click on the photo to the right to see what i'm talking about. a few inches of leaves, combined with all the garbage that those leaves have managed to snare, makes for an ugly sidewalk.

now look at the sidewalk past that. notice how you can actually tell that this is a brick sidewalk? it's like that for the rest of the block.

please get with the program!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not have made progress with that house, but your post shamed me into cleaning up my sidewalk on the other side of Rhode Island. I was out thre first thing Saturday morning! It wasn't as bad as this picture, but you reminded me to be a little more neighborly.

IMGoph said...

thanks, anon. and i know i should be more up front and tell people what i think to their face instead of posting things here for the world to see. but hey, if it works.... :)

Richard Layman said...

One time when I did a cleanup on H Street, one business didn't maintain their tree box, it was full of weed trees etc. I cleaned up the box by depositing all of the trash from it in front of the front door to their business. There was no way they could get in from the front without removing all of the trash. I have to say I don't really remember if this action had long term impact on their behavior.

Richard Layman said...

Oh, and I have weeded cracks in sidewalks by throwing the removed weeds onto the front entry sidewalk of the house...