Monday, March 31, 2008

bloggers calling it quits

let me just start by saying i'm not going away here. i know posting has been sparse lately, but i've been quite busy. i have some ideas for future stuff, though, coming soon.

brian has shut down his blog at off seventh. he's a great guy. i've talked to him online more than a few times and finally got to meet him in person at the dcist holiday party back in december. i understand the burnout factor...his job has him traveling all over the place, so i'm sure the last thing you want to do when you're back in DC after a long time on the road is write something that's going to get you worked up. it can be the opposite of relaxing for some people.

mari has mused about how she'd shut down in shaw someday. she's been posting a lot lately, so i don't think that's happening anytime soon.

anyway, i just wanted to say that i'm still here. it's a giant ego trip to write a blog, assuming that people actually care what you have to say. hey, sometimes they do. glad to know that people care sometimes....

5 comments:

Mari said...

Everyso often I muse about calling it quits, then I think of something I just gotta share with the world. As I said, the blog entertains me.

Shaw Rez said...

Work and a family health crisis have kept me from posting more regularly or with more fervor lately, but I, too, am still here!

Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

I care deeply about what you have to say.

dcavocado said...

I was actually going to email and ask why you hadn't been posting. I'm glad you're sticking around...there aren't enough Bloomingdale/Eckington bloggers.

It's hard when life gets in the way but I'm hoping to stick around for a little bit as well.

IMGoph said...

i forgot to say in this post, but i'll put it here:

are people subscribing to the RSS feed? i used to check blogs and get frustrated when i'd wait for it to load up only to find there was nothing new there.

as soon as i realized i could let the RSS reader tell me when there was something new, it was a revelation!