here's the information from steve abete at yoga district regarding their pre-grand opening party on november 16th
Yoga District (www.yogadistrict.com), known for its not-for-profit mission to bring affordable yoga classes to diverse communities in eco-sensitive environments, announces its Bloomingdale studio's Grand Opening & Winter Peace Celebration, with activities throughout the day and night on Sunday, November 16th. Proceeds will benefit Delfa Hercules' family and a Winter Peace Initiative, a fund to organize citizen street patrols around the yoga studio, as well as volunteers working with nonprofit agencies fanning out on area street corners to help those in need of social services. The November 16th celebration marks the start of the new studio's full schedule of classes and grand opening on Monday, November 17th.
The November 16th schedule of events at the new studio, located at 1830 1st Street NW, includes:
- 9am-9:45am: Community all-levels meditation class ($5 donation suggested).
- 10am-11:15am: Yoga 1-2 class ($10 donation suggested).
- 11:15am-12:30pm: Open House, Meet the Teachers, Winter Peace Initiative Volunteer Sign Up, and an Art Exhibition by local artists (accepting submissions- email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested).
- 12:30pm-1:30pm: Vegan & Vegetarian Chef Cooking Demo- Light Lunch included ($6 donation suggested).
- 2:00pm-3:15pm: Flow Yoga 1-2 ($10 donation suggested).
- 3:30pm-4:45pm: Kids Yoga (ages 5-9; $10 donation suggested).
- 6:00pm-?: Evening events including DJs, acoustic performances, live graffiti art, freestyle performances, open mic, drinks and munchies ($10 donation suggested).
For more information, please see www.yogadistrict.com or email email@example.com.
Studio Assistant Manager